Click here to close this window
||Name redacted at the request of the author
||New Orleans, LA
|4300 Block of St. Claude
||My initial impression based on the single slide and a woeful lack of additional detail is …major FAIL. The "design" is a generic brick and glass rectangle with NO soul or hint aesthetic influence. I can't believe someone was actually paid to create this. And, yes, I did notice the "preliminary - not for construction" disclaimer" on the graphic.
The source of inspiration seems to be early shoebox. I wasn't expecting high design, but I thought the initial presentation would show a hint reverence for the historic character of the neighborhood. I request a redo with some character.
Here are my questions:
1. How will the building be oriented on the square? The first rendering is designated as the NW view, but omits street names. Is the building located at St. Claude & Lesseps (the NW) corner of the square?
2. Or, is the first view merely the NW corner of the building?
3. What were the specs in the original RFP?
4. Is there any information as to what will be housed in the building?
5. What's the square footage?
6. What amenities will be located in the portion of the square not occupied by the building?