Louisiana Cultural Economy Reports
Find Louisiana Cultural Development on Facebook
Louisiana State Parks Draw Media Attention
Louisiana State Parks sites have been featured in movie and
television releases including "The Curious Case of Benjamin
Button," "Stay Alive," HBO's "True Blood," "Stuck in the
Suburbs," "All the Kings' Men" and even on CBS' "The Amazing
CULTURAL DISTRICTS PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- Allows a local government to designate a Cultural District for the purpose of revitalizing a community by creating a hub of cultural activity.
- Allows income and corporate franchise tax credits for eligible expenses for rehabilitation of owner-occupied or revenue generating historic structures in a Cultural District.
- Provides an exemption from sales and use taxes for proceeds received from the sale of original, one-of-a-kind works of art from locations established within the Cultural District.
- Requires local governments who designate such districts to report on impact to their community annually.
- Requires CRT to collate reports received and submit a single report to the legislature biannually beginning in 2011.